To be the champion for optimal agricultural land use, sustainable food security, sound environmental management and comprehensive, integrated rural development
The Department, together with its partners and communities, champion quality agricultural, environmental and conservation services and drives integrated comprehensive rural development for all the people of KwaZulu-Natal
· Batho Pele Principles and service orientation - Departmental officials will conduct themselves in a manner befitting a government that is caring, dedicated and pro-poor, influenced by the spirit of ubuntu.
· Self sufficiency and independence - the Department commits itself to the promotion of self-sufficiency in all its interventions and focuses on the empowerment of people to be more independent and entrepreneurial.
· Cooperative governance and working together - the Department will continuously engage in joint planning and coordination with stakeholders and government entities in order to ensure holistic, integrated and coherent government programmes.
· Professionalism – the Department’s employees must perform their duties in a professional, ethical (open and honest) and value adding manner
· High Staff Morale – The Department is committed to facilitate a constructive and supportive work environment
· Development and recognition – The Department’s employees are recognized as its most valuable asset and therefore it aspires to ensure the ongoing development and recognition of an effective, professional team.
Purpose of the Department:
Service Delivery Challenges
Services rendered by DAEA
Strategic Outcomes of DAEA