SERVICES OFFERED BY THE LIBRARY
- Ordering of Books and Journals for Departmental staff
- Circulation of Journals and/or Contents pages
- Assist with reference Information and Literature searches. Our Information Retrieval systems provide access to books, journals, conference proceedings, government publications (Acts and Gazettes)
- Training in information retrieval
- Inter-lending- a web-based inter-lending system that facilitates the Inter-Library loan process between borrowing and lending institutions
- Access to Electronic Databases.:
[Access Codes available (to DAEA staff) from the Library]
Co-operative, computerised database of all library stock in Southern Africa. Includes books, journals, conference proceedings, standards, technical reports. Updated weekly.
ISAP ( Index to South African Periodicals)
Indexed articles from more than 600 South African periodicals.
A fast dependable access to high quality international reference Databases.
South African Legislation Database provides access to 828 updated principal Acts, Rules and Regulations from 1910 to the present.
The most comprehensive, searchable collection of full-text electronic South African journals in the world. It includes 264 publications, with new publications being added on an ongoing basis.
AGRIS ( FAO Publications)